Home   News   Article

Douglas Ross meets with Park Holidays UK representatives to discuss caravan owners' concerns





DOUGLAS Ross, MP for Moray, met with representatives from Park Holidays UK on Thursday.

Moray MP Douglas Ross spoke to concerned caravan owners at the site on Monday and has since met with representatives of Park Holidays UK.
Moray MP Douglas Ross spoke to concerned caravan owners at the site on Monday and has since met with representatives of Park Holidays UK.

Mr Ross called the meeting following a series of concerns raised by caravan owners at the Lossiemouth Bay Caravan Park.

They allege that some caravan owners have been told to 'upgrade or get out' following the firm's takeover of the site in April this year.

Earlier this week, Mr Ross toured the site and spoke directly with caravan owners at the park.

Mr Ross said: "I felt it was important to sit down with these representatives of Park Holidays UK following a long list of complaints I’ve received from residents of the site."

He added: "I think it’s fair to say it was an uncomfortable meeting for the representatives who accepted that upon reflection some of their communication did seem threatening.

"I thought that was a significant acceptance from the management that their tactics had been completely wrong, and they have lost the trust and faith of caravan owners at the site.

“They have promised a reset and want to speak directly with individual owners as they believe some of the information in the public domain is not correct.

“While I welcome their willingness to engage more positively, it’s frankly unacceptable that so many people have been left distressed about their future at the Lossiemouth park because of the actions of this national company since they bought the site.

“It was also embarrassing during the meeting when it became clear these senior managers weren’t even aware of some of the rules that they are now forcing people to follow."

Empty pitches at the park after some caravan owners opted to leave following the takeover. Picture: Daniel Forsyth
Empty pitches at the park after some caravan owners opted to leave following the takeover. Picture: Daniel Forsyth

Mr Ross says that the firm have promised to address some of the more immediate issues that were raises and have agreed to meet with him in the coming weeks to assess the situation again.

“There were several issues where they have promised me immediate action and we have agreed to meet again in a few weeks-time to monitor and assess the commitment they have made to be more open, upfront and reasonable with owners at the site," he said.

“I will continue to hold Park Holidays to account and work on behalf of residents at the site who simply want to continue to enjoy their caravan in a wonderful location in Moray, without the stress and hassle they have been experiencing in recent months.”


Do you want to respond to this article? If so, click here to submit your thoughts and they may be published in print.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More